FAQ - How to Record PMP Exam Prep Contact Hours
Complete instructions for recording your contact hours are in Page 8 of the PMI Handbook. You can view it online at http://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/certifications/project-management-professional-handbook.pdf.
Contact hours are those hours of formal project management training you took, to prepare for your PMP exam. PMI requires a minimum of 35 contact hours. You can earn contact hours in these ways:
- A PMP/CAPM training course, such as a four-day boot camp of at least 35 hours.
- A college project management course. In a degree program, only the hours devoted specifically to project management can be counted.
- Contact hours can be delivered by any of the following sources:
- PMI Registered Education Providers
- PMI chapters
- In-house employer-sponsored training programs
- Training consultants and schools
- Online learning companies, including an assessment at the end of the course
- Contact hours are not eligible from these sources:
- PMI chapter meetings (education sessions count, but chapter meetings do not count)
- Reading books, watching videos, coaching sessions and other self-directed learning