FAQ - How to Record Project Leadership Experience on Your PMP Exam Application
rules for entering your pmp exam application experience
The source for this FAQ is Page 8 of the PMP Handbook. You can view or download it by clicking the button below:
format for entering your PMP exam application experience
Your exam application will be reviewed as part of the acceptance process. The reviewers will be looking for indicators that each of your project experience entries describes valid project work. The following format seems to work:
- State the project's objective. You can abbreviate it OBJ.
- Describe the work you performed, or the document you produced, to Initiate the project. You can abbreviate it IN.
- Describe your Planning activities or documents. You can abbreviate it PL.
- Describe your Executing activities or documents. You can abbreviate it EX.
- Describe your Monitoring and Controlling activities or documents. You can abbreviate it MON or MC.
- Describe your Closing activities or documents. You can abbreviate it CL.
- Describe the Outcome of your project. You can abbreviate it OUT.
Your properly-formatted project experience can speed your application on to acceptance by PMI.